3.20.2012

Spring Break.

I love not having any academic responsibilities during spring break. All I have to do is wake up, eat, relax, and do whatever I want. I love spending time with my mom. I know that she has been lonely since all of us kids are grown up and are at school or working. I enjoy seeing my old teammates (back at the high school) and being able to use my personal experiences to make them more successful athletes.

Over the past two days, I have been anxiously awaiting my final grades for this quarter. I was surprised about some of the grades I received, but in a pleasant way. After receiving a "D" and a "C" on my first two Biology tests, somehow I managed a "B" in the class overall. Organic Chemistry kicked my butt this quarter, and by kicked my butt, I mean that it picked me up and
"drop-kicked" me. Yet through some miracle of nature, I got a B-!!! I was expecting something in the "C" range, but I will gladly settle for my grade. Not to mention, that was the lowest grade I receive this quarter, which is not too shabby!!

Next quarter is going to bring some old and some new material. First off, I decided that I am going to complete the Organic Chemistry series and take Chem 363. Only Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, or Chemistry majors have to complete the whole series, which means that all of the Biology majors will not be in the class. Woo Hoo!!!! jk jk. I love my Biology friends. I am going to start taking the Math requirement for my major, which means a year's worth of Calculus. Oh joy.... But I am going to take two more math classes and get myself a Math minor! That'll be a nifty little thing to have in my repertoire. I will also be taking a Philosophy class as well. It is only two nights a week (yes, I said nights. I did not want to take another class during the day because I wanted more time to focus on my homework and work). That class is my second-to-last Gen Ed (technically I have three left after Philosophy, but I am trying to get my Science Gen Ed's waived). I think that class will be an easy Gen Ed, hopefully shooting for an A.

Overall, I think spring quarter is going to be a good one. I know what I have to focus on and what I want to accomplish. Let's do this. No Excuses.

No comments: