8.17.2013

New Digs.

Tomorrow it will be a week since I have moved into my new place for my last year at CWU. My place is nice! I'll post a profuse amount of pictures (profuse was one of my GRE vocabulary words, so I thought I would use it)! I'll give you a virtual-no imaged tour before you scroll down to look at the pictures. The exterior of the house is comprised of light-green paneling with a pink (yes... pink) upper half. It looks likes the house a watermelon fanatic would live in. There are four parking spots assigned to us (Lucas, Erik and myself) for our motor vehicles, yet Lucas is the only one with a car. So those will sit there emptily for the year.

As you walk into the house, you have three choices of direction. If you travel to the left, you will first face a decent-sized closet in front of you, then travel towards the downstairs bathroom. The bathroom also has our washer-dryer combo and has a "backdoor" to the downstairs room (which is mine). If you continue up the stairs upon entrance to the house, you'll eventually have to make another decision of left/right, either Lucas or Erik's rooms.

On the left hand side is Lucas's room, which has a vaulted ceiling and a window on the south-facing side of the house. One neat thing about his room is that he has access to a rather large attic that can house lots of stuff! I believe it runs to the front of the house, but I am not sure. Venturing to the right at the top of the staircase leads you to the master bedroom, which also has high ceilings. This room has a north-facing window, which conveniently allows views of the 3/4 bathroom that he has in his room. There is no door to the bathroom; it literally changes from carpet to linoleum as you turn the corner that is in front of his window. It could be slightly awkward for anyone who is outside looking up at the window, but luckily, there are blinds.

Traveling to the right upon arrival, you are greeted with the living/dining room. It is a pretty spacious area that has a large window, which faces the driveway. Heading towards the back of the cottage, you'll run into the kitchen is decent in size (nothing compared to my kitchen in my place last year). Although I will mention that the appliances (more specifically the stove and oven) work 100x better in this place than my place last year.

Once you have seen all the glory that the kitchen has to offer, you can walk through the door on your left and you will enter my room. I have a fairly decent-sized room, but i'll let my pictures do my talking.

My running wall
I finally have a closet!

My bookshelf :)

My "desk" haha
Its

Dresser and tub










































Thanks for taking the time to read this post and have a good day!

NT

No comments: