3.17.2013

Rain.

Running in the rain. Simplistic. Rugged. Euphoric. I went out on my run today and immediately began to feel water land on my jacket and head. I miss running on the westside because of this. On the eastside, its either really hot or really cold, but in Puyallup, it's a comfortable medium.

My run today consisted of a mile WM, then some hill sprints, then a long-ish cooldown. I felt strangely comfortable during my WM mile (6:59), which is the fastest I have ran a mile in quite some time. My hill sprints brought me back to my HS days during XC practice, running up the hill by my high school, driving my knees with every explosive bound. My cool-down reminded me of my sophomore year of college, when we would run 2-3 mile cooldowns to ensure that all of the lactic acid has been flushed from our throbbing legs during an intense workout.

My countdown continues...

3.5 miles today

161 days...

No comments: