8.10.2011

GARMIN.

Photobucket

For my birthday my dad got me a GARMIN Forerunner 305. I did a quick run earlier this evening, (4.37 miles) and it was awesome. I loved the fact that I could keep track of my pace, making sure that I was staying on my pace, (7:00 or faster). Also, I enjoyed having the heart rate strap, which provides feedback on what "shape" I am in. Overall, I really enjoyed my GARMIN and I can't wait to use it more in the future.

You can set the GARMIN to "auto-lap" after a certain distance is covered, whether it be as short as 0.25 mile or as long as 5.00 miles. I set mine to 0.50 miles because I get easily bored during runs without my iPod and if I ever fall off of pace, I know that I can quickly pick up my pace.

On this run I averaged 6:54 pace, which is exactly what I wanna hit. Anywhere from 6:50-7:00 min/mile pace is what my coach told me to run on "normal" runs. It may have taken 7 weeks, but I am finally comfortable running that pace for most runs. I hope that it is a good sign of things to come. Only 20 days till XC camp starts!!!

No comments: